Trevor Etienne Arrested DUI

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The lawsuits haven't been settled on the last incident yet. This episode make their settlement even more challenging depending on their response.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Per an ESPN article yesterday:

"Georgia football players were arrested or cited for speeding or reckless driving at least 14 times last year after the Jan. 15, 2023 crash that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. Speeding and alcohol played a role in that crash, police said."

IF this is accurate, then it's pretty clear that no one is taking this kind of behavior seriously at UGA.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

"Georgia football players were arrested or cited for speeding or reckless driving at least 14 times last year after the Jan. 15, 2023 crash that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. Speeding and alcohol played a role in that crash, police said."

IF this is accurate, then it's pretty clear that no one is taking this kind of behavior seriously at UGA.
That’s crazy…

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I worked four years with the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets.
I dreaded Monday mornings for this very reason. "Have you heard? Cadet _____ got toe up and did something really stupid in the wee hours Sunday morning."
The explanation phase was always the same: "But sir, drinking is legal!"
And the response was always the same: "Yes, but just because you get stupid drunk does not mean you are not responsible for stupid things you do when stupid drunk Saturday night/Sunday morning."
This usually resulted in Cadet ____ being dismissed from the Corps and having to pay back all the ROTC scholarship money he had been paid to date. Lose a career and a pile of money all in one swell foop.
It is sad and tragic, but as my Sergeant Major used to say, "Play stupid games, ..."

Reactions: Con

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

“There is no culture problem in Athens.”

• Emphasis!
Reactions: 92tide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
"There but for the grace of God, go I..."
Amen to that, CA.

Tony Mitchell wasn’t involved in anybody’s death. But he was the driver leading the police on a chase. When caught, he had drugs (marijuana?), no small amount of cash, and at least one firearm in the car.

Yeah, there was another guy in the car as well. And I might have fallen off a turnip truck in Tuscaloosa Alabama. But it didn’t happen yesterday…..Tony knew that stuff was there.

Still, barring injury, he will be a material part of our 2024 DB rotation. He might be a starter.

Yes, he was punished. And yes, I believe in second chances. But sometimes the second chance needs to happen in a new place — a whole new start.

Point of all that being: It’s dangerous to throw rocks in incidents like Etienne’s. There are some glass walls out there that might have been forgotten, and others that none of us even know exist.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Amen to that, CA.

Tony Mitchell wasn’t involved in anybody’s death. But he was the driver leading the police on a chase. When caught, he had drugs (marijuana?), no small amount of cash, and at least one firearm in the car.

Yeah, there was another guy in the car as well. And I might have fallen off a turnip truck in Tuscaloosa Alabama. But it didn’t happen yesterday…..Tony knew that stuff was there.

Still, barring injury, he will be a material part of our 2024 DB rotation. He might be a starter.

Yes, he was punished. And yes, I believe in second chances. But sometimes the second chance needs to happen in a new place — a whole new start.

Point of all that being: It’s dangerous to throw rocks in incidents like Etienne’s. There are some glass walls out there that might have been forgotten, and others that none of us even know exist.
Fully understood and appreciated…but they have a “Wolf” and still have had this many go public…either they suck at being bad or everyone else in the country hides it (14-15x a year) really well.

Reactions: 92tide and dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.