2024 Recruiting: 2024 Recruiting Targets

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
As a 10th grader I went to Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery and Johnny Davis was a senior there. When we would walk through the halls during class change, the students parted like the sea for Moses, haha. He was a big guy and just the nicest person. The Poets weren't very good that year as Johnny was about all we had, and all of our opponents were able to key on him. Favorite memory: we always ended the regular season against crosstown rival R.E. Lee. They won that night, but I'll never forget Johnny taking a handoff and running about 25 yards or so for a TD, the last 15 yards he literally had 9 Lee Generals draped on various parts of his body. He was just as amazing for Bama, as you guys well know.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As a 10th grader I went to Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery and Johnny Davis was a senior there. When we would walk through the halls during class change, the students parted like the sea for Moses, haha. He was a big guy and just the nicest person. The Poets weren't very good that year as Johnny was about all we had, and all of our opponents were able to key on him. Favorite memory: we always ended the regular season against crosstown rival R.E. Lee. They won that night, but I'll never forget Johnny taking a handoff and running about 25 yards or so for a TD, the last 15 yards he literally had 9 Lee Generals draped on various parts of his body. He was just as amazing for Bama, as you guys well know.
Go Poets!

I spent my first year in High School there in '74-75! :cool:

Reactions: Tidetwin

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Welp this didn’t make me feel all that great
Well you should feel fine, Koht looks bigger than he is listed, and has played some and done well. I suspect he will be the next big edge guy in the program. We had three first round picks in Sam/Jack the last few years. That’s hard to duplicate with any roster.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Wouldn't call Daniel Hill or Zay Mincy a surprise. We could get both. Not sure if Terry Bussey is committing tomorrow or not. There's a 2025 CB, Devin Sanchez, that is committing also. He would be a surprise. We are in on him though.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm sure everyone is aware, but just a reminder the Army All-American game is tomorrow at noon I believe. May get a commitment or two.
S Zavier Mincey has already signed with whichever school he chooses but the CB's to Bama are coming in. They are also for RB Daniel Hill. Mincey and Hill are both announcing in 4th qtr of AA game on Saturday. We also have a shot at 2025 5* CB Devin Sanchez who I assume is going to re-classify. See details below. Should be a good day.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...zavier-mincey-trajen-greco-224525812/#2340879

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Overton could grow into a DT. Keon Keeley is big now and talks when he committed was, he could also play hands in the dirt as well. Russaw, Pierre are more OLB/ edge types. Renaud was recruited as an edge guy, but he could grow into a down lineman too.
Keeley, Russaw and Pierre all went through this season with the OLB / Edge group in practice. Renaud was with the DL. They could still move (I think Russaw will for sure), but that's where they started.

Reactions: B1GTide

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Keeley, Russaw and Pierre all went through this season with the OLB / Edge group in practice. Renaud was with the DL. They could still move (I think Russaw will for sure), but that's where they started.
I think Kelley and Pierre stick outside, russaw eventually moves inside.

Renaud has been a standout all season in practice. He has a shot at breaking the 6 deep next year on the defensive line.

Beamon will play the end spot as well and he may shock some folks, he just needs to add the size to hold up there. He's a beast.

Reactions: Tidelines and Con

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I just saw from one source the AA game is at 2 CT today. Earlier in the week I saw 12 CT. So Not sure of the time. Anyone know ?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.