The latest on 5 * 2024 LB Demarcus Riddick

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

From what I have been hearing, Georgia is completely out and their mods and fans do not expect him to stick with them. Auburn is coming on strong with the " promise" of early playing time. A few weeks ago, he was all Alabama, but it's too close to call right now with his decision looming this coming Wednesday. If he flips to the barn, Freeze and the cult will toilet the h*ll out of the poor trees! I hope Riddick understands the importance of the process and early playing time doesn't guarantee long term success in the overall picture. Saban made it a personal mission to assured him that he was a priority. If he can't see how important he is to Bama, good luck and hopefully no regrets, young man.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The "play now" angle works for some. Bo Jackson would have been an Alabama legend if some assistant coach hadn't told him it might take him a couple of years to get on the field at Bama.

Of course, it wouldn't have taken that long just like Georgia didn't think Hershal Walker was aggressive enough when he got to campus and then in his first game they saw what he could do and the rest is history.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Seeing the recent offer to the Mississippi LB Tristan Jernigan makes me a little nervous on Riddick. Maybe we want both but why wait so long to offer Jernigan if he was a take all along. The coaches get the news of where a kid is going way before we do. We will find out soon enough. I hope I am wrong with my assumption.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
FYI -- I've been following recruiting for 4 decades...and finally decided not to worry about who comes and who doesn't with CNS at the helm. For any given player they need us more than we need them. As my BIL (former UA player) said to me at least 15 years ago, "I'll pay attention when they show up on campus in August." I enjoy the process, but sleep a lot better.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
FYI -- I've been following recruiting for 4 decades...and finally decided not to worry about who comes and who doesn't with CNS at the helm. For any given player they need us more than we need them. As my BIL (former UA player) said to me at least 15 years ago, "I'll pay attention when they show up on campus in August." I enjoy the process, but sleep a lot better.
You also have the transfer portal as a failsafe. I mean recruiting is still really important but It's not like you can't find talent in the portal if all else fails. We just got two top DB's in the portal when it was looking like we were going to have depth problems there.

Reactions: Padreruf

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

From what I have been hearing, Georgia is completely out and their mods and fans do not expect him to stick with them. Auburn is coming on strong with the " promise" of early playing time. A few weeks ago, he was all Alabama, but it's too close to call right now with his decision looming this coming Wednesday. If he flips to the barn, Freeze and the cult will toilet the h*ll out of the poor trees! I hope Riddick understands the importance of the process and early playing time doesn't guarantee long term success in the overall picture. Saban made it a personal mission to assured him that he was a priority. If he can't see how important he is to Bama, good luck and hopefully no regrets, young man.
If he flips to the barn, can hear it now, " Hot damn!! We on the way!! The preacha` man gone lead us to the promised land fo` sho!!! Already whuppin` bama`s butt in `cruitin!!"

• Haha
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The last highly rated LB that went to Auburn was Owen Pappoe from Georgia (2019 class). He was rated higher than Riddick.
He started as a freshman, wasn't properly developed as the years went on and even regressed and wind up getting drafted in the 5th Round after 4 years at the barn.
Now take Christian Harris who never played LB as a full-time position in high school, comes to Alabama and winds up getting drafted in the 3rd Round while mostly having Golding as his position coach!!

Texans LB Christian Harris Houston's 'Most Under Appreciated' Player? (msn.com)

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The last highly rated LB that went to Auburn was Owen Pappoe from Georgia (2019 class). He was rated higher than Riddick.
He started as a freshman, wasn't properly developed as the years went on and even regressed and wind up getting drafted in the 5th Round after 4 years at the barn.
Now take Christian Harris who never played LB as a full-time position in high school, comes to Alabama and winds up getting drafted in the 3rd Round while mostly having Golding as his position coach!!
Hmmmmmm whatever happened to his defensive coordinator that went away before his regression??? LOL

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

Not knocking the kid but he seems to have some quirks about him. Committing to Georgia but still having an announcement ceremony. He had some quote about going to see what alabama and georgia are "all about" and if he doesn't like what he hears he is coming "home". Like how you would not know what Georgia is all about?? Your already committed to them. Teenagers just say things that make my freaking head hurt.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Not knocking the kid but he seems to have some quirks about him. Committing to Georgia but still having an announcement ceremony. He had some quote about going to see what alabama and georgia are "all about" and if he doesn't like what he hears he is coming "home". Like how you would not know what Georgia is all about?? Your already committed to them. Teenagers just say things that make my freaking head hurt.
I mean if the GOAT had me riding in his personal car and parading me around for the all the fans to see at A Day, I would have committed on the spot, BUT hey that's just me! :cool:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I mean if the GOAT had me riding in his personal car and parading me around for the all the fans to see at A Day, I would have committed on the spot, BUT hey that's just me! :cool:
I almost get a "I want be different vibe" from reading about him, so he does stuff like this to stick out. As someone who used to work with kids and teenagers, I would see that a lot. And its really exhausting. hahaha. I know that sounds mean but it's true.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
So do some people who post on this forum 🤔

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There is a lot of noise about Riddick to Auburn, and playing time isn’t the key motivating factor2C98780C-7F73-4338-9F79-56306CE01A78.png

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.