The latest on 5 * 2024 LB Demarcus Riddick

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
So, Rev. Freeze will come in his 1st year at the barn and flip both in-state 5-star prospect from Alabama and Georgia, the last two teams who won the NCAA Championships??
Makes so much sense...:rolleyes:
We're all on the same playing field now with regard to what used to be "impermissible" benefits.

People make jokes, but Freeze is a smooth talker and plays the recruiting game well.

And Riddick is now officially an AU commit.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We're all on the same playing field now with regard to what used to be "impermissible" benefits.

People make jokes, but Freeze is a smooth talker and plays the recruiting game well.

A bit ironic coming from $cam’s college.

This just means the puppeteers approve of the puppet they have in place.

Not sure if I could turn down the kind of money schools throw at these kids now anyway, especially if I was told to play the long game in regards to money.

• Thank You
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder how much Coach Sabanwill continue to recruit him through December, or if he will focus on someone else to sign. I tried to go watch his commitment after the fact, but I couldn't understand much of what he said due to what sounded like microphone problems (echo). Anyone have a summary of what he said?

I read on another site that he had told others he was wanting playing time immediately and had a better chance of that at Auburn (which is true) and that winning national championships wasn't his priority. I figured Hugh Freeze would get some of the same kids Bama and UGA want eventually. I just hope Bama can keep most of the in-state kids that Saban wants. Hopefully, Perry sticks to his commitment with Bama.

Anyone know what amount of money he got from Auburn? And what Bama's NIL was? Auburn will be better this year under Freeze. I just don't trust the guy. Not sure I'd want my son playing for him. I wonder how long Freeze will last there.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Most of the people who detest him or ridicule him was half your fan base in case you have forgotten.
And as far as his " recruiting" well, Under Freeze, the Ole Miss football program committed various recruiting and academic violations that figured in the NCAA's decision to expunge 27 of Freeze's wins and ban the team from post-season play for two years.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I wonder how much Coach Sabanwill continue to recruit him through December, or if he will focus on someone else to sign. I tried to go watch his commitment after the fact, but I couldn't understand much of what he said due to what sounded like microphone problems (echo). Anyone have a summary of what he said?

I read on another site that he had told others he was wanting playing time immediately and had a better chance of that at Auburn (which is true) and that winning national championships wasn't his priority. I figured Hugh Freeze would get some of the same kids Bama and UGA want eventually. I just hope Bama can keep most of the in-state kids that Saban wants. Hopefully, Perry sticks to his commitment with Bama.

Anyone know what amount of money he got from Auburn? And what Bama's NIL was? Auburn will be better this year under Freeze. I just don't trust the guy. Not sure I'd want my son playing for him. I wonder how long Freeze will last there.
If winning a Championship isn't his priority, he will fit right in at the barn.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Most of the people who detest him or ridicule him was half your fan base in case you have forgotten.
And as far as his " recruiting" well, Under Freeze, the Ole Miss football program committed various recruiting and academic violations that figured in the NCAA's decision to expunge 27 of Freeze's wins and ban the team from post-season play for two years.
Yeah I'm one of those that is unhappy we hired him, but there's no denying he knows how to play the game when it comes to recruiting in a way that Harsin and Gus didn't.

One of the first priorities when he got on campus was to rebuild the recruiting relationships in our historical stomping grounds that had stagnated under Gus and that Harsin just straight up ignored. Even with NIL in the picture recruiting is still about relationships, and Freeze knows it.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not a big surprise though it does sting a bit. Good player. I think preacherman on the plains is going to hurt UGA recruiting more that ours in the long run IMHO. This is a shot over the bow for sure.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Yeah I'm one of those that is unhappy we hired him, but there's no denying he knows how to play the game when it comes to recruiting in a way that Harsin and Gus didn't.

One of the first priorities when he got on campus was to rebuild the recruiting relationships in our historical stomping grounds that had stagnated under Gus and that Harsin just straight up ignored. Even with NIL in the picture recruiting is still about (illicit female) relationships (in Freezes world), and Freeze (EVERYBODY WHO FOLLOWS COLLEGE FOOTBALL) knows it.
I respect you very much, AUDub…

…but…Freeze established his operational procedures at OM, and everyone knows what his world is all about…and if it worked at OM for him…it’s going to work at Auburn for him too. Freeze is the Jimmy Swaggert of college football…and I truly believe that it will come back to haunt Auburn in the end.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Four articles on Al.com asking “What does Bama do now that AU has landed Riddick?” LOL. I guess let them have their minute. It’s been a long while.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tidelines

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Four articles on Al.com asking “What does Bama do now that AU has landed Riddick?” LOL. I guess let them have their minute. It’s been a long while.
OMG!! It`s the apocalypse! ........not. I`m not saying that we didn`t want Riddick or that it wasn`t a great pick up for the barn. It was. However, one or even a handful of great players will not turn a program around. A couple of back to back top five classes? Now you`re potentially singing a different tune. Can preacha` man do it? Probably so. He`s a smoothie, will say what the kids want to hear, and will have a blank check.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.