The latest on 5 * 2024 LB Demarcus Riddick

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I'm not worried about this. We'll be fine.
Agree. It's more about perception than anything else. The press couldn't wait to write their piece about big bad Bama losing a recuit to little brother. But in reality, Georgia lost him not the Tide albeit they replaced him with a higher rated LB . I'm sure they knew for awhile Riddick wasn't going to stick with them and prepared to replaced him. Going forward, Freeze will be a pain for Georgia like Gus was in the recuiting trail.

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
Read this morn that Riddick committed to the Barn based on Rev Freeze being a ‘family’ man. I guess AU is back to playing the Fambly card again. It has been a while since we heard that one.

Reactions: seebell

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Read this morn that Riddick committed to the Barn based on Rev Freeze being a ‘family’ man. I guess AU is back to playing the Fambly card again. It has been a while since we heard that one.
Yeah, I've never understood what "fambly" means to them. It sounds like some sort of insider talk from some Barn creed crap.

Little do they know that every "team" has a spirit of togetherness and unity. The best teams embrace that every year. It's not as uncommon or special as the barners believe but they keep on acting like they know something nobody else has discovered.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
It wouldn't be the first time. A barn tatted Rueben Foster became a star at Bama.
I think this is different. My feelings about this have less to do with it being auburn and more to do with the kid's odd behavior and some of the things he has said. Pretty sure Reuben Foster cared about winning LOL.

Reactions: The Ols

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
I am really not sure this guy is a good fit for Bama. And I'll stand by that even if he flips to us before signing day.
Looks like he posted it on his twitter.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Looks like he posted it on his twitter.
Lots of family men like hookers. (Blue Font)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm not worried about this. We'll be fine.
well, the reality is that even with top 1-3 recruiting classes every year, we have not signed a 5 star ILB since Moses in 2017 and that position, which had typically been one of strength, has become a relative weakness for us. I'm optimistic that Lawson might get us moving in the right direction, but the reality is we haven't had the talent at that position that we are used to having, so getting some top-tier guys there would be nice.

Adding - I know we have a 5 star in Campbell on the roster as an ILB now, but he's a converted EDGE who is having to learn the position. We've also got Russaw, who was rated as a 5 star LB, but at least through spring we had him as an EDGE instead of ILB. Net - having a guy that is highly rated and has played the position in HS so he has some foundation is a gap.

Reactions: The Ols

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
well, the reality is that even with top 1-3 recruiting classes every year, we have not signed a 5 star ILB since Moses in 2017 and that position, which had typically been one of strength, has become a relative weakness for us. I'm optimistic that Lawson might get us moving in the right direction, but the reality is we haven't had the talent at that position that we are used to having, so getting some top-tier guys there would be nice.

Adding - I know we have a 5 star in Campbell on the roster as an ILB now, but he's a converted EDGE who is having to learn the position. We've also got Russaw, who was rated as a 5 star LB, but at least through spring we had him as an EDGE instead of ILB. Net - having a guy that is highly rated and has played the position in HS so he has some foundation is a gap.
He could have 10 stars…I don’t think he is a bad kid per say but I don’t get a “I’ll fight through injury to get you the stop you need against lsu deep in the 4th qtr” vibe from this guy.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

And considering CNS's recent tutorial on how the 3-4 scheme works, it's the LBs who are the real rushers, sackers and tacklers and they are the ones we remember as "stars."

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Is the kid from Germany an Inside Linebacker? I really think he is underrated by services because of where he is. I think he is going to be really good.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
And considering CNS's recent tutorial on how the 3-4 scheme works, it's the LBs who are the real rushers, sackers and tacklers and they are the ones we remember as "stars."
True, but that's using LB in the broader sense, which Saban does, and it can cause confusion between the roles for ILB and OLB (or EDGE). OLB/EDGE guys are the rushers and sackers. ILBs would be the tacklers and coverage guys. We've been very successful getting 5 star EDGE guys over the last several years. We're stacked deep with talent there. It's really just ILB recruiting where we've missed on 5 star level talent for a while now.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Is the kid from Germany an Inside Linebacker? I really think he is underrated by services because of where he is. I think he is going to be really good.
he is being recruited as an ILB. fast and very versatile. as mentioned before, his combine charts are amazing, and he has shown out at every camp he's attended. his potential is very promising and with proper coaching, he could be elite.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Remind me again of Gol*finger-in-the-dike's 'Bama shelf life.

Better yet, don't...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.