The latest on 5 * 2024 LB Demarcus Riddick

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yep…let The Right Reverend Sleaze land a few recruits and win a couple of games he probably shouldn’t and suddenly he goes from a slimy, lecherous dude to the epitome of an “Auburn Man” by the same folks railing against his hiring as “tone deaf”. My Auburn grad kids included.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We're all on the same playing field now with regard to what used to be "impermissible" benefits.

People make jokes, but Freeze is a smooth talker and plays the recruiting game well.

And Riddick is now officially an AU commit.
So you show up to announce he's now "officially an AU recruit." This kinda reminds me of the night you showed up after Georgia beats Alabama in the NC game and you tried to suggest we shouldn't be upset about it (not that the two things are even close to being equally disappointing) but the common denominator is you show up to poke the bear after a disappointment. Not cool IMO but kinda par for the course now.

If winning a Championship isn't his priority, he will fit right in at the barn.
This is hilarious and he'll most likely get his wish!

A few years ago I would have worried a little bit about losing a 4/5 star to the Barn, but we all know what CNS will do. And you know, it might not be another 4/5 star but I can guarantee he'll "replace" this guy who doesn't want to win championships with someone who is equally as talented who does!

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Freeze will make Auburn better. The question is can Auburn get out of their own way. They seen to love controversy to the point of hurting their own program.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Auburn still averaging a 7-5 record most years like they've done for about the last 50 years?
7 wins is doable this year but Auburn is a very big rebuild this time around.

Cupboard is very bare.

Freeze will make Auburn better. The question is can Auburn get out of their own way. They seen to love controversy to the point of hurting their own program.
He's the PTB's boy and that's already reflected in the support he's getting on the NIL side of things. They straight up quit on Harsin.

Which wasn't entirely wrong. By many accounts, Harsin refused to do practically any legwork when it came to recruiting and he got on the bad side of *many* high school coaches at Auburn's pipelines.

Harsin may be a decent Xs and Os coach but a people person he was not.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Congrats to Auburn and Freeze but let's not act like they just signed the number 1 player in the class and that it has anything to do with how good the team is or whether or not they will compete for a national championship this year or any of the next few years. This was about a kid who wanted the money, didn't like the atmosphere around Bama's program because you actually have to work hard and didn't want to compete. I personally don't want those guys. Give me way more of the Justice Haynes and Caleb Downs of the world. Auburn can have Riddick and Thompson, when he flips. Julian Sayin will get a better receiver to throw to next year and the years to come as Bama competes for national championships.

Have fun playing for 2nd, or 3rd or 4th in the SEC West for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nothing about Freeze worries me. He is a good, not great offensive mind . His Ole Miss teams needed a lot of help to beat Bama the times they did, even with bought players. He is a below 500 SEC coach , I don't understand the hoopla. He is just Auburn’s next ex coach.
2012 3-5
2013. 3-5
2014. 5-3
2015. 6-2
2016 2-6

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yep…let The Right Reverend Sleaze land a few recruits and win a couple of games he probably shouldn’t and suddenly he goes from a slimy, lecherous dude to the epitome of an “Auburn Man” by the same folks railing against his hiring as “tone deaf”. My Auburn grad kids included.
Yeah, the awbern fans that were vocally against hiring him will change their tune...just watch. ;)

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Tidelines

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Nothing about Freeze worries me. He is a good, not great offensive mind . His Ole Miss teams needed a lot of help to beat Bama the times they did, even with bought players. He is a below 500 SEC coach , I don't understand the hoopla. He is just Auburn’s next ex coach.
2012 3-5
2013. 3-5
2014. 5-3
2015. 6-2
2016 2-6
IMO he’s basically Gus 2.0 that may have a little more adaptability at his bread and butter (offense) and may recruit a little better.

Which, even without the baggage, begs the question of why the PTB were so dead set on trying this crap again.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
2012 3-5
2013. 3-5
2014. 5-3
2015. 6-2
2016 2-6
I can't stand the guy and I have no idea how he and CNS are really good friends. But I can admit he knows how to coach. He'll have more talent at auburn. He knows how to get the most out of his players.

That being said. Things are different now than they were in 2015 (when he was at his peak). I am curious to see how that translates into the 2023 game. something i think a lot of people never talk about when they talk about Hugh freeze is his teams strange tendency to fade down the stretch. Go to wikipedia and look up his teams at ole miss and liberty individually. With a few exceptions his teams seem to get hot towards the middle of the season and then stuff starts going wrong for him at the end of october beginning of november. I thought maybe it was just a ole miss depth thing but he had the same problem at liberty. It may not mean anything but it's really strange.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Scholarship or NIL...? :rolleyes:
Good question. I meant scholarship. Don't know about NIL. Can you sign an NIL without signing a National Letter of Intent (scholarship)? If you sign an NIL without signing a NLI and you go to a different school are you in breach of contract? The NIL is for the player, not for the school. Is the NIL nullified if you go to another school? This could get complex fast.
I bet these NIL contracts have a bunch of fine print.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good question. I meant scholarship. Don't know about NIL. Can you sign an NIL without signing a National Letter of Intent (scholarship)? If you sign an NIL without signing a NLI and you go to a different school are you in breach of contract? The NIL is for the player, not for the school. Is the NIL nullified if you go to another school? This could get complex fast.
If it’s by the books, leaving the school wouldn’t affect the NIL deal the player signed.

it would be pretty awesome to see a kid in a Bama uniform doing a commercial for yella fella

• Haha
Reactions: seebell

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Freeze will fit in well with the cult in Lee County. Georgia remains our main recruiting rival and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can't imagine there isn't some kind of "breach of contract" if you go to another school. These NIL deals are with companies that want their company/brand to be wearing the school colors. This would seem to apply more to transfers though, right?

FWIW, I can't imagine a kid signing an NIL without first signing with the school first. I'm sure there are discussion about the NIL deals that are available, but who is going to pay a kid money unless he signs the scholly???

Reactions: seebell

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, and probably varies from one place to another...🤔

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
FWIW, I can't imagine a kid signing an NIL without first signing with the school first. I'm sure there are discussion about the NIL deals that are available, but who is going to pay a kid money unless he signs the scholly???
It probably happens a lot more than we would think... 😳

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I can't imagine there isn't some kind of "breach of contract" if you go to another school. These NIL deals are with companies that want their company/brand to be wearing the school colors. This would seem to apply more to transfers though, right?

You can sign NIL without signing with school.... Some states allow that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.