The latest on 5 * 2024 LB Demarcus Riddick

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Perry Thompson also. He is going to their event this weekend.
I read an article today that Perry Thompson was thinking of switching his commitment to Auburn. Why on earth would any wide receiver want to go there? I can't think of the last Auburn receiver that was even remotely good. And when was the last decent quarterback? (cam Newton).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read an article today that Perry Thompson was thinking of switching his commitment to Auburn. Why on earth would any wide receiver want to go there? I can't think of the last Auburn receiver that was even remotely good. And when was the last decent quarterback? (cam Newton).
Freeze might make one want to throw up in one`s mouth, but he knows how to whisper in a kid`s ear. The preacha` man might be a lot of things, but Bryan Harsin he ain`t ( unfortunately )! He flips Riddick and Thompson and he will have served notice IMO.

Reactions: Tidetwin

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hope these boys make a "business decision."

I realize the term has changed with the advent of NIL, so maybe we should now say a "long term business decision" because the NFL will always beat NIL.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I mean he is the number one receiver in 2025. Everyone is trying to work on him right now. Also remember with auburn beat writers and "insiders", A lot of stuff is overblown.
#1 WR and Top 3 player overall in the country. Every team worth their salt should go after him. I actually believe he sticks with Alabama even though it's a long way out.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
#1 WR and Top 3 player overall in the country. Every team worth their salt should go after him. I actually believe he sticks with Alabama even though it's a long way out.
Despite Saban being a Run the Ball/Defensive guy. Wide receivers, Like DB's are a position i don't worry about when it comes to recruiting as long as CNS is here. He has produced great one after great one after great one after great one. Yeah 2022 was not up to snuff but he will get back on track.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Hope these boys make a "business decision."

I realize the term has changed with the advent of NIL, so maybe we should now say a "long term business decision" because the NFL will always beat NIL.
He’s not Saban by any stretch but a lot of his Ole Miss players made it to the NFL.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Stories are coming out that the barners are working on Ryan Williams.
I`m sure they are. If they flip Thompson along with Riddick from UGA, they`ll go nuts. Williams too? I don`t want to even think about that. It could be a new day in Auburn though. The preacha` man cometh!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Any way Williams reclassifies to 2024? Heard that from a UGA 'insider' . Of course it was the same guy that told me Riddick already de committed from UGa and committed to Bama last week secretly . So...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Any way Williams reclassifies to 2024? Heard that from a UGA 'insider' . Of course it was the same guy that told me Riddick already de committed from UGa and committed to Bama last week secretly . So...
Yep, it has been discussed here about reclassification. Not worried about Williams at all. We know Freeze is going to make in-state recruiting harder than their past two staffs. We will still get most IMO but we will lose guys like Riddick from time to time. We have good young depth at ILB so we are good there anyway but I certainly would have taken him.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.