Abortion

HSV_1969

Scout Team
Feb 28, 2011
because the point is to control women

period
Well, the ability to see things from a common perspective may have officially left the building with that.

In my mind, I don't want to control anyone, just to protect innocent life. Carrying a unwanted pregnancy to term may be an inconvenience, but it is not a guaranteed 20 year commitment. There are options available like adoption. I know couples that have adopted, and the waiting lists are long for that process, so acting like there are no other options after birth is not realistic.

There are resources available to pregnant women as well to get help during pregnancy and after. One of which I have been involved with is Agape of North Alabama.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Only a man could say that carrying a baby to term is an inconvenience.
Being pregnant in a red state can be dangerous for the mother if anything goes wrong, as we’ve seen over and over.
Carrying a baby takes a toll on you both physically and mentally. And even if you are not ready for a child giving one up for an adoption also cannot be easy. Calling it an "inconvenience" is absurd

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Jon, you have my sympathy for the situation that you described with the lost pregnancy, and I have no moral issue with the abortion in the situation you presented.

This situation does not fall into the "elective abortion" that I feel is indefensible.
Here's the thing--because of the various draconian laws being put in place, there are many areas in which couples in the same position as Jon do cannot receive proper medical care.

In some cases it's because the provider is afraid of running afoul of the law. In others it's because hospitals don't have people trained in the proper procedures. Alabama saw a marked decrease in the number of med students applying for OB-GYN residencies. In that environment, what happens when current OB-GYNs retire and there is no one to replace them?

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, the ability to see things from a common perspective may have officially left the building with that.

In my mind, I don't want to control anyone, just to protect innocent life. Carrying a unwanted pregnancy to term may be an inconvenience, but it is not a guaranteed 20 year commitment. There are options available like adoption. I know couples that have adopted, and the waiting lists are long for that process, so acting like there are no other options after birth is not realistic.

There are resources available to pregnant women as well to get help during pregnancy and after. One of which I have been involved with is Agape of North Alabama.
I believe you don't want to control anyone but I promise you the people pushing behind the scenes absolutely do. It is a decades long full blitz propaganda campaign that sprung out of segregation and morphed to this. It is the same reason they want to end no fault divorce and birth control. Control. You believe it is about babies, it isn't

and edit to bring reciepts

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I believe you don't want to control anyone but I promise you the people pushing behind the scenes absolutely do. It is a decades long full blitz propaganda campaign that sprung out of segregation and morphed to this. It is the same reason they want to end no fault divorce and birth control. Control. You believe it is about babies, it isn't
Now you're telling him how he feels and what his motivations is? The poster shared his perspective and you respond with this?

Good grief, climb down from your high horse.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Now you're telling him how he feels and what his motivations is? The poster shared his perspective and you respond with this?

Good grief, climb down from your high horse.
can you not read or do you just lack reading comprehension skills? Seriously

I very clearly stated that I believed his motivation to be genuine.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I believe you when you say you don't want to control anyone.

But "carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term may be an inconvenience," you may want to reword.

FWIW, I have a biological daughter and an adopted daughter.

Where we differ is you think abortion is murder. I think it is humane.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
What does the saying "barefoot and pregnant" mean?

Barefoot and pregnant - Wikipedia

"Barefoot and pregnant" is a figure of speech most commonly associated with the idea that women should not work outside the home and should have many children during their reproductive years. Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Is there any point during the in utero development when you believe an elective abortion would be inhumane?
Yes, when the fetus is viable. That's what I was talking about in an earlier post. However, I am open minded and may change my mind about when the fetus is viable.

I agree there reaches a point when a fetus develops into a human that should not be aborted. This point will have to be decided upon if there is ever to be a compromise.
At one point in my life, I was very anti-abortion. Life's experiences allow us to learn and grow, hopefully, in the right ways.

This is as controversial a topic as exists. I certainly mean no disrespect to you personally, I'm just stating my opinion and gauging yours. There are women who have had abortions and regretted it. It is an irreversible decision. Be that as it may, IMO, it is their decision to make.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

these are the racists behind this movement

you can "believe" whatever you want.
And you can project whatever you want to project.

I know tons of people who are anti-abortion - even some lawmakers - who aren't at all about 'controlling women'.

But I get it, someone wrote an article that bolsters what you want to believe to that's fact.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
And you can project whatever you want to project.

I know tons of people who are anti-abortion - even some lawmakers - who aren't at all about 'controlling women'.

But I get it, someone wrote an article that bolsters what you want to believe to that's fact.
Lol

this article outlines what happened from a guy who was in the room. Again, believe what you want but this is what happened.

As for today. Tell me. Why does the right want to end birth control?

why end uncontested divorce?

why end all abortions?

doesn't take a genius to put it all together and see what the end goal is here

and it isn't about protecting babies

never has been

Do these same people want to provide free contraception, the answer is no

do they want to provide pre-natal heathcare? also no

do they want to teach real sex Ed? Also NO

it was born out of racism and is about controlling women.

period

again, believe whatever the heck you want, but you are wrong. Even if it is about babies for you, it wasn't for them

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads