Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread, Bama vs. UGA...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I’m not sure about CKDs history with RBs but I’m wondering if we will even see a 15-20 carry, 100yd performance from either one this year. I gotta think we will, but it looks like Jam and Justice will have to fight for carries
If it stays the course like this, we will be lucky to keep either of them, or any top tier back on the roster.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Texas may well be the best overall team in the conference. Hard for me to see UGA winning in Austin.
IDK. Texas has had a pretty easy schedule in that they have had no one that could challenge them offensively. Yes going into the Big House and dominating is impressive but what teams in the Top 10 do you not expect to blow Michigan away too. I think Georgia by comparison has faced 3 better teams away from Athens than Michigan.

I think in Athens this coming weekend we are about to see one team rally a serious push to get a rematch with Alabama and another ready to start giving up on their coach. I think Georgia is going to be hell for Texas to stop defensively. But where I give Texas an edge is Ewers over Beck. But I think Georgia is a dangerous team right now and knows a loss in Austin puts them in a very bad spot.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
IDK. Texas has had a pretty easy schedule in that they have had no one that could challenge them offensively. Yes going into the Big House and dominating is impressive but what teams in the Top 10 do you not expect to blow Michigan away too. I think Georgia by comparison has faced 3 better teams away from Athens than Michigan.

I think in Athens this coming weekend we are about to see one team rally a serious push to get a rematch with Alabama and another ready to start giving up on their coach. I think Georgia is going to be hell for Texas to stop defensively. But where I give Texas an edge is Ewers over Beck. But I think Georgia is a dangerous team right now and knows a loss in Austin puts them in a very bad spot.
I just think Sark is better at offense than Kirby is at defense. I still think it will be a good game but Sark ultimately out does Kirby.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
A lot has been said on here about DeBoer "taking his foot off the gas", and he was "watching the clock". But I did not see that happen. And none of the coaches have mentioned anything like that happening, as even a small reason for the second half playing out like it did. My thoughts as I was watching the game were that Kirby made really good halftime adjustments, and Bama struggled with it. They couldn't seem to counter those adjustments quick enough. And CKD said he attributes the second half to the four 4th down conversions Georgia made. He said they stop 2 of those, and the second half looks a lot different. I certainly agree. But apparently, there was no taking the foot off the gas. That's just conjecture. Georgia was just good in the 2nd half.

• Thank You
Reactions: oskie

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just think Sark is better at offense than Kirby is at defense. I still think it will be a good game but Sark ultimately out does Kirby.
Kirby’s defense is very vulnerable to mobile quarterbacks that can hit intermediate to long passes. Ewers is one of the best, and Sark is a great offensive mind with an embarrassment of riches.

However, I am not totally convinced Texas can stop Georgia, and it’s because mostly they haven’t seen the talent that Georgia has on offense since Deboer put on them in the Big Easy. Nor will they see it vs Oklahoma. I just don’t think Georgia is going to get shook offensively like they did vs Kentucky and Alabama, and I think Texas is going to have to adjust to the speed that Georgia is bringing. I could see it going either way, but I think Georgia has a huge edge in motivation, schedule, and experience in big games over Texas.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

With the playoff format starting, I think it’s all going to come down to who’s got the healthiest roster at the end of the year. I’m glad CKD is playing a lot of people. I respect your knowledge and insight. What do you think?

Reactions: thingamajimbeux

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With the playoff format starting, I think it’s all going to come down to who’s got the healthiest roster at the end of the year. I’m glad CKD is playing a lot of people. I respect your knowledge and insight. What do you think?
I think we are the best first string in the nation. But injuries in the wrong spots could quickly change that. However, I like CKD’s approach of trying to get as many guys in there to get valuable experience in big positions. The fact we had several freshmen making huge plays on defense against UGA’s highly talented receiver group is just phenomenal. So we could potentially be even better than what anyone could’ve predicted because of the valuable experience these guys are getting. We do have 3 very difficult road tests remaining plus the SECCG vs either UGA or Texas most likely. So it’s really tough to know where Bama will be in November other than in the mix of playing for a SEC and National title. But right now it’s just great to be a Bama fan knowing we have the right guy to follow Saban, and knowing that Kirby is still looking up at the Boss running Bama.

I think your two best teams right now are Bama and UGA. I just haven’t seen enough from Texas, Tennessee, Ohio St, or Oregon in big games yet to get a good feel. But as of right now I like our chances vs all.

Last edited:
  • Roll Tide!
Reactions: 92tide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If it stays the course like this, we will be lucky to keep either of them, or any top tier back on the roster.
I wouldn't want to lose either but the college game has moved a lot in the same direction as the pro game. The RB position simply isn't as valued in the offense as it once was. Good athletic TE's are now more valued in modern offenses than RB's. The thought process is RB's are a dime a dozen and if we lose one or two they are easier to replace. But WR's and athletic TE's are of premium value.

I'm not sure CDK is calling plays with fear of losing RB's. With the style offense we'll ultimately be running I suspect RB's will be more interchangeable than our WR's and TE's. I also think after Milroe leaves the QB keepers will drastically go down and they know that.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads