Special SEC designation for Founding SEC Members - differentiate from Newcomers

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I’m not saying it has to be anything super significant. Just something like an SEC legacy patch that honors the schools who have made this conference what it is. For years we had better recruiting than Texas because we could tell kids they would be playing in the best conference. We have literally given that advantage away.
So like the Original Six in the NHL…

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Respectfully disagree with the OP. I think both OU and Texas(Texas moreso) are natural fits for the conference and will help add new rivalries. Sankey did the right thing in taking their call and allowing both of them into the league.

Reactions: 92tide and dtgreg

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Per Cowtown Bama "You haven’t been paying attention to past history. After a while it will start with why is Vanderbilt getting as much as we do. Next it will be we have office space in Dallas that would be great for a league office. And then how about we play the conference championship in Houston. I’ve seen this act before."

I definitely see Texas making these kind of moves. In fact it is to be expected and I hope the powers that be in the SEC League Offices have it written in stone that the SEC is an equal share conference and no school gets preferential treatment (except of course Alabama under certain circumstances.)

Reactions: dtgreg

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
You haven’t been paying attention to past history. After a while it will start with why is Vanderbilt getting as much as we do. Next it will be we have office space in Dallas that would be great for a league office. And then how about we play the conference championship in Houston. I’ve seen this act before.
Maybe.

But they’re not the big dog in this league…not now.

If they dominate the league year in a and year out, I guess it’s possible.

But I doubt it.

Cowtown Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2007
It really doesn’t matter how successful they are. They were ruining leagues without being dominant on the football field. It’s power they want. Look at how they bullied their way in despite A&M not wanting them. South Carolina is effectively keeping Clemson out somehow but the Aggies weren’t given the same respect. If they are dominant soon if only makes matters worse. This Longhorn Network was supposed to go away. They have turned it into a streaming service that will still exist. Look at how easy their schedule is vs. what Oklahoma was dealt and tell me they aren’t flexing already.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It really doesn’t matter how successful they are. They were ruining leagues without being dominant on the football field. It’s power they want. Look at how they bullied their way in despite A&M not wanting them. South Carolina is effectively keeping Clemson out somehow but the Aggies weren’t given the same respect. If they are dominant soon if only makes matters worse. This Longhorn Network was supposed to go away. They have turned it into a streaming service that will still exist. Look at how easy their schedule is vs. what Oklahoma was dealt and tell me they aren’t flexing already.
Are you suggesting that the short horns are dictating how the conference is run?🤔

If so, I respectfully disagree.