Extremely Early 2024 Predictions

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
This is fair, except he didn't miss the FG last year that would have won OSU the championship. He put his team in a position to win. They failed to execute.
He also got absolutely schooled by walk-on QB in the 4th quarter. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Personally I think Day’s seat is not as hot as others do, but it will be if he doesn’t win a championship soon.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
This is fair, except he didn't miss the FG last year that would have won OSU the championship. He put his team in a position to win. They failed to execute.
It’s an easy point to make when you already know the outcome. Georgia had a favored son running the scariest defense in college football, an absolute juggernaut towering over the landscape. I’m not sure there will be another like that. The point also belittles the absolute gamble that Georgia took letting go of a coach who had them in position to win. Ohio State is only one or two handholds from the top of the mountain, but they’ve climbed thirty to get there and firing Day probably means falling more than it means ascending those last two.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I’ll have what Zeps having…
Well, I like being positive. I mean...we have a new coach bringing in fresh ideas on offense. The Pro Style got old. The spread has become stale. So now we have the Air-Raid accompanied by a strong run game. Then there's Wommack coming in to insure the defense is aggressive, playing with a mean attitude. Ordinarily a new coach means a step back with a rebuild. But DeBoer inherited a team of much talent and experience. And has brought in even more. I believe they hit the field running on August 31st. The shock and awe will reverberate through the SEC and outward to the far reaches of the country. And in Washington, they will just knowingly nod and smile.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He also got absolutely schooled by walk-on QB in the 4th quarter. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Personally I think Day’s seat is not as hot as others do, but it will be if he doesn’t win a championship soon.
The guy who schooled Saban?

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Bama is 10-2 SEC #3 and makes the CFB Playoff Seeded between #10-12

They Pull off 2 Upsets and make the Semi-Finals before being eliminated.

Final Record 12-3

Leading Passer - Mack

Leading Rusher - Justice

Leading Receiver - R Williams

Leading Tackler - Lawson
For a coach in his first season. Finishing 12-3 would be fantastic. Especially if we beat the barn for the 5th straight season.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
What’s the ceiling if anyone else is QB?
Hard to say because there are too many unknowns right now.

But I’d say our Floor is 9-3 with another QB as starter but barring a bunch of bad breaks or injury issues we could probably get to 10-2 or 11-1 with some good fortune.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What’s the ceiling if anyone else is QB?
Difficult to answer that, honestly. I will say we would be a lot better off had Simpson started after the USF game last year. He could have gotten all the growing pains out of the way then hit the ground running in 24. Still, I don’t know that it matters who plays QB for us this year. Our road schedule is simply too hard.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Difficult to answer that, honestly. I will say we would be a lot better off had Simpson started after the USF game last year. He could have gotten all the growing pains out of the way then hit the ground running in 24. Still, I don’t know that it matters who plays QB for us this year. Our road schedule is simply too hard.
I really have no idea how you can be saying this. I know you don't like Jalen as our QB but you don't take into consideration another year of experience and a new offense. Please see Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels in year two and I'm sure there are dozens of examples of QB's improving in year 2. You don't seem to think somebody can improve with more experience. Anyway I am going to be pulling for Jalen to continue to improve as most do and we win a championship.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I really have no idea how you can be saying this. I know you don't like Jalen as our QB but you don't take into consideration another year of experience and a new offense. Please see Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels in year two and I'm sure there are dozens of examples of QB's improving in year 2. You don't seem to think somebody can improve with more experience. Anyway I am going to be pulling for Jalen to continue to improve as most do and we win a championship.
It’s basically an odd combination of rock solid conviction mixed with a healthy dose of conjecture and speculation.

Reactions: TiderJack

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Here’s the problem with using Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels, and you’re definitely not the only one. Both of those guys were downright BAD quarterbacks before they had the two biggest year-by-year improvements in the history of college football. You simply can’t expect that type of thing to happen very often. Can Milroe improve? Sure, but people that just assume it’s gonna be Joe Burrow 2.0 simply don’t understand football.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here’s the problem with using Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels, and you’re definitely not the only one. Both of those guys were downright BAD quarterbacks before they had the two biggest year-by-year improvements in the history of college football. You simply can’t expect that type of thing to happen very often. Can Milroe improve? Sure, but people that just assume it’s gonna be Joe Burrow 2.0 simply don’t understand football.
I don't think any of us are thinking that but you seem to think he is going to be Jeremy Johnson. BTW, you need to stop telling people that don't have your viewpoint they don't understand football. Not a good look.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I don't think any of us are thinking that but you seem to think he is going to be Jeremy Johnson. BTW, you need to stop telling people that don't have your viewpoint they don't understand football. Not a good look.
Jeremy Johnson was never going to be good, no matter how much he was coached or how much he practiced. I have already stated that Milroe can improve, but I stand by my comment that people need to stop bringing up Burrow and Daniels, as they are exceedingly rare outcomes. Expecting that level of improvement is…well, silly.

Regarding your last sentence, it‘s clear you didn’t actually read what I wrote. It has nothing to do with disagreeing over different viewpoints. A ton of people have cited Burrow and Daniels es evidence that Milroe will improve…simply because those guys did. If you don’t think that shows a total lack of understanding football, then I don’t know what to tell you.

The most important part of CKD’s offense is having a QB that can 1) read a defense, 2) get the ball out quickly, and 3) deliver it accurately. These are literally the 3 weakest parts of Milroe’s game, and yet people keep fixating on Milroe being the favorite to win the Heisman, as if that means anything.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Regarding your last sentence, it‘s clear you didn’t actually read what I wrote. It has nothing to do with disagreeing over different viewpoints.
We are obviously going to continue to disagree and I have seen your same argument on this thread alone at least a dozen times. You have used the "don't understand football" multiple times also. One of is going to be right and one of us wrong. Can't wait to see what happens when they put the pads on this week.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are obviously going to continue to disagree and I have seen your same argument on this thread alone at least a dozen times. You have used the "don't understand football" multiple times also. One of is going to be right and one of us wrong. Can't wait to see what happens when they put the pads on this week.
Here’s the thing though, for me, it’s not really about being right or wrong. I’m just telling people what I see based on film, and I’m quite honestly shocked how much hype Milroe gets. I would LOVE to be wrong about him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.