Extremely Early 2024 Predictions

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Oh yes he is.
He loses to Meatychicken again he's done.
IMO that'd probably be short sighted. But I don't see them losing to Michigan again anyway. I think I'd like to see him make a playoff run and at least make he NCG with the team they have coming back.

Biggest question mark on their roster is QB to me. Besides that they're loaded. I know they got a transfer from Kansas State but idk how good that guy is. Maybe Sayin makes a surprise push there.

Reactions: B1GTide

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He will be if he doesn't beat UM. No question about it. Fans here will not stand for those losses.
Yea that's fair but I'd be very surprised if you lost to Michigan. I still think the question is who could you even replace Day with and hope to get better? There aren't many options out there.

I guess maybe your DC?

Reactions: B1GTide

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Oh yes he is.
He loses to Meatychicken again he's done.
One thing that could save Day's job is the fact that if he loses to UM now then OSU will still most likely make the playoff with 12 teams, making "The Game" a little less significant. In the past if OSU lost to UM they either missed the playoff entirely or needed a lot of help to get in like in 2022.

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
People keep saying things like this and it's a crazy take imo.

He's never won less than 11 games a year in full seasons and never lost more than 2 games.

Lane was an 8-5 HC on average when he was fired.

These situations are not even remotely similar.

Day will eventually win a NC if tOSU will be patient.
I'll agree that the situations are different, but I think that's probably the sentiment from all those funding tOSU's NIL fund.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One thing that could save Day's job is the fact that if he loses to UM now then OSU will still most likely make the playoff with 12 teams, making "The Game" a little less significant. In the past if OSU lost to UM they either missed the playoff entirely or needed a lot of help to get in like in 2022.
You underestimate the hatred here for that team up north.

Reactions: #1TidefannOh

#1TidefannOh

Dec 31, 2022
He will be if he doesn't beat UM. No question about it. Fans here will not stand for those losses.
If they lose to UM again he will absolutely be gone. They had coach John Cooper who couldn’t beat Michigan and they have made sure not to repeat that mistake again.

#1TidefannOh

Dec 31, 2022
People keep saying things like this and it's a crazy take imo.

He's never won less than 11 games a year in full seasons and never lost more than 2 games.

Lane was an 8-5 HC on average when he was fired.

These situations are not even remotely similar.

Day will eventually win a NC if tOSU will be patient.
That’s 11 games in the Big10 and that’s an entirely different ballgame than 11 games in the SEC. Ohio State has recruiting locked down in the Big10. No one else can get the 4 and 5 star recruits they do.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
You underestimate the hatred here for that team up north.
If Saban lost to Auburn 4 times in a row, even his seat would get hot, regardless of SEC or national championships.

Some things just defy logic and reason, and rivalries like OSU-MI and Alabama-Auburn defy logic and reason.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
IMO that'd probably be short sighted. But I don't see them losing to Michigan again anyway. I think I'd like to see him make a playoff run and at least make he NCG with the team they have coming back.
I agree but it is the world we live in. A long time ago a guy named Curry lost to Auburn three years in a row and got fired after going 9-3 in year 2 and 10-2 and going to the Sugar Bowl in year 3.

I agree it is unlikely he does lose his 4th in a row this year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I agree but it is the world we live in. A long time ago a guy named Curry lost to Auburn three years in a row and got fired after going 9-3 in year 2 and 10-2 and going to the Sugar Bowl in year 3.

I agree it is unlikely he does lose his 4th in a row this year.
I thought Kentucky hired him away from us... :unsure: :cool:

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
I really have no idea how you can be saying this. I know you don't like Jalen as our QB but you don't take into consideration another year of experience and a new offense. Please see Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels in year two and I'm sure there are dozens of examples of QB's improving in year 2. You don't seem to think somebody can improve with more experience. Anyway I am going to be pulling for Jalen to continue to improve as most do and we win a championship.
I don't see how a new offense would benefit Milroe. It would seem to put everyone else on an even footing, instead of the seniority advantage we used to have.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see how a new offense would benefit Milroe. It would seem to put everyone else on an even footing, instead of the seniority advantage we used to have.
We won't know until we see for ourselves and being a one year starter is more experience than anybody else we have. I think the big thing is Jalen was a permanent team captain voted on by the players last year and is the leader of the team this year. That is a big part of the equation.

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
We won't know until we see for ourselves and being a one year starter is more experience than anybody else we have. I think the big thing is Jalen was a permanent team captain voted on by the players last year and is the leader of the team this year. That is a big part of the equation.
Has no bearing on learning a new offense.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yea that's fair but I'd be very surprised if you lost to Michigan. I still think the question is who could you even replace Day with and hope to get better? There aren't many options out there.

I guess maybe your DC?
One of my favorite questions to ask anyone who yells, “Fahr heeuz sorry carcass!”

In no way limited to any school or sport. It’s overly common in today’s shortsighted discourse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.